Sirloin Steak and Sautéed Cabbage a Tasty Recipe That is Sure to Satisfy a Bodybuilders Appetite
This is a quick and easy protein packed low carb recipe that takes less than 30 minutes to make. The beef is incredibly tender, very flavorful and the cabbage brings its natural sweetness which intensifies as it cooks. The result is a perfectly balanced and very satisfying meal with flavor complexity that keeps you wanting more.
This is a simple meal to prepare and you can actually use just about any cut of beef you like. This meal can be accompanied with brown rice or a baked potato.
This meal contains 44. grams of protein per serving making it a great low-fat high protein meal suitable for any athlete or bodybuilder who needs a balanced meal for packing on muscle.
- 1 lb. grass fed sirloin steak
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- Juice of half a lemon
- Olive oil
- 1 head of green or red cabbage, halved and thinly sliced (discard the core and any wilted leaves)
1. Season the steak with cumin, coriander, ginger, salt and black pepper.
2. Whisk the lemon juice and 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a bowl.
3. Place steak into the oil and lemon emulsion to marinade for 5 minutes.
4. Heat a tablespoon of oil over high in a large skillet.
5. Place steak into the skillet once the oil is hot. Sear for 2 minutes per side.
6. Remove from the skillet and leave to rest for 5-10 minutes.
7. Meanwhile, heat a tablespoon of oil over medium-high in the same skillet used to cook the steak.
8. Add the cabbage once the oil is hot and sauté for 8-10 minutes or until tender and the edges begin to brown.
9. Season the cabbage to taste with salt and black pepper.
10. Return the sliced steak to the skillet with the cabbage.
11. Toss everything together, plate and eat!
Nutrition Facts (per serving)
Total Fat 7.9 g
Saturated Fat 4.0 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.5 g
Monounsaturated Fat 2.3 g
Cholesterol 115.6 mg
Sodium 282.8 mg
Potassium 586.7 mg
Total Carbohydrate 12.4 g
Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
Sugars 7.6 g
Protein 44.3 g
Vitamin A 6.3 %
Vitamin B-12 0.0 %
Vitamin B-6 11.5 %
Vitamin C 127.4 %
Vitamin D 0.0 %
Vitamin E 3.1 %
Calcium 11.2 %
Copper 2.8 %
Folate 25.5 %
Iron 34.7 %
Magnesium 9.0 %
Manganese 21.0 %
Niacin 3.6 %
Pantothenic Acid 3.3 %
Phosphorus 5.5 %
Riboflavin 5.6 %
Selenium 3.1 %
Thiamin 7.9 %
Zinc 2.9 %
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000-calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Hi my name is Rod Collins
I am the editor and contributor to steroidreviewer.com, I have been bodybuilding for over the last two decades and have learned first hand a lot about the sport.
During those years I have had experience with using steroids both legal and anabolic and the impact they can have on performance and health. I am here to share with you legal steroids reviews and a few of my favorite training methods.